Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful

This time of year reminds me of all I’m thankful for. Tomorrow, my family will sit around the breakfast table and we’ll all express what we are thankful for. We get silly answers like “the Wii” or “my dollies” but it’s the ones mentioned that have no $$ value that melt my heart. Last year Kiarra told me she was thankful for being a big sister, Jayden said he was thankful for being loved and having a home, and Taryn said she was thankful for her slippers (I know, materialistic – but still so cute)… Today and always I’m thankful for:

  • Freedom of Religion – Can you imagine being forced into a religion that you don’t believe in? I’m so thankful for the opportunity to choose Christianity. The love God has for me and my family (and all of you too) is unfathomable. It’s an honor to serve Him and call Him my hero.
  • My Husband – He is my love, my rock, my everything.
  • My Kids – They are my heart, each and every one of them has it.
  • My Mom – She is the best. She's been there for me through it all! I can’t imagine life without this lady.
  • Family and friends – What would we do without a great family and set of friends who keep us real? There are too many to count but you know who you are!
  • Military, Police, Firemen, etc – God bless those who serve our country, fight for our freedom and put their lives on the line to keep us safe.
  • Teachers – These men and woman are amazing and truly gifted.
  • Doctors & Nurses - I can’t say enough about this profession. I’m so thankful for our doctors and nurses.

There are countless more but I’ll stop there for now…I’m supposed to be working.

No comments:

Post a Comment