Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer has come to an end

I can hardly believe that summer is already coming to an end. The kids start back to school on Monday - Tamia in 7th, Kiarra in 6th, YES 6TH GRADE, and Jayden in 3rd. They’ve had a great summer and are looking forward to starting. Kiarra went to the Jr. High last night and to get her supplies, schedule and locker info. Wow, what a disaster that was. First, we had to park a mile away because there were SO many cars. Then, hundreds maybe even a thousand people roaming the halls trying to figure out their home room class, lockers, lunchroom, gym, etc. It was not only students; the majority had their parents and their 13 siblings with them! It was hot and irritating that there was no direction, just walk in and figure it out and there may be a 7th grade cheerleader around to point you in the right direction (or in our case, the wrong direction). Kiarra walked her schedule, met all her teachers and learned to open the combination pad lock on her locker. That may not seem like a big deal, but she’d never used one before so it was a learning experience. Jayden will find his classroom and meet his teacher tonight!
I’m so blessed to have such great kids. Jayden has practically mastered being a gentleman and is such an awesome kid. Taryn still amazes us everyday with her cute little smart self. She has the best imagination. Her latest cuteness happened yesterday morning as I was trying to get her out the door to daycare.
Mommy: “Taryn, get your shoes we need to go”
Taryn: “Mommy, my shoes are too small”
Mommy: “Taryn, they fit fine yesterday so please go get your shoes”
Taryn: “My feet growed when I was sleeping my hair growed too”
Mommy: [laughing] “ok Taryn, we’ll look for new shoes this weekend”
Taryn: [so excited] “We will? You will buy me new shoes tomorrow?”
Mommy: “No Taryn, this weekend. Tomorrow is Thursday. This weekend is in 20 days or so” (I know, I lied)
Taryn: [irritated with me now] “Mommieeeee, this weekend IS tomorrow”
Mommy: [laughing and being sarcastic] “Are you sure Taryn, I think this weekend is in 20 days, go ask sissy.”
Taryn: “UGH. Mommieeee – you’re sooo annoying me, it is toooomooooorroww”
Me – [laughing of course] “OK OK Taryn”
She’s been saying “annoying” quite often but saying it in the middle of this conversation was too funny. She is hilarious. She frequently updates us on her puppy and her kitty and how they bite her and how the puppy barked all night and kept her awake. I love her imagination.
As for me, I’m still struggling with my health, a new but old problem this time. I’ve been having some major stomach problems, so bad that I’ve hardly been to work. The stress of the bully I work with, my new job, Jeff’s new job, hiring a nanny, and just life in general has finally caught up with me. This all started a few months back, along with the migraines, when the mean lady at work started attacking me. I go in for a CT scan on Monday so although I’m not looking forward to drinking that nasty barium again (I just drank it Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning because I was supposed to have the scan on Wed but it was cancelled), I am looking forward to finding out what is wrong with me. I literally look 7-8 months pregnant and the pain is unbearable. It’s just ridiculous!! Jeff has been so supportive and helpful throughout these past few months, especially the past 2 weeks when it really got bad. He is the best!
(sorry no pics again... I promise to get a camera this weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment